Friday, February 20, 2015

FooFoo Lamps Are Gone!


The Urban Dictionary definition of FooFoo - 
Adjective used to describe anything that is just a little to frilly, fancy, or "upper crust". 
Things that are foofoo might also be a bit on the delicate side or too elegant by half.  
Spoiled little lap-dogs and $1000 designer handbags qualify as foofoo. 

 A pair of lamps graced the homemade vanity in my bedroom during my tween & teenage years.  I always called them my "foofoo" lamps.  One of them moved around with me from the time I left home & currently resides in FL with me.  
I always wondered what happened to the other one of the pair.  

The long lost foofoo lamp was discovered a couple of years ago when we cleaned out my parents house!  My mom had kept it & was using it in my old bedroom where she did some sewing & crocheting.  

Of course I wanted the long lost pair to join me in FL, so it was packed away in the car & moved to FL.  Alas!  It did not survive the journey.  The plastic lampshade cracked!  Despite it's broken shade I kept the lamp.  I just could not part with my foofoo lamps.  There were too many memories attached to them.  For the past two years I always thought I would replace the cracked shade.

The other day I was zipping down the aisle of Walmart headed to the checkout.  
A display of lampshades caught my eye!
I noted the measurements & proceeded on my way.
When I got home I measured my foofoo lampshade.
It was almost the same size as the shades I had seen in Walmart.
The next time I was in Walmart I purchased two new lampshades.


 My new lamps!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. But they aren't foo-foo any more!? What are they called now?

    ReplyDelete