Monday, January 25, 2016

First Evah Marathon!!

The great running group that I am part of - FAB 50 Women On The Run
decided to run our own marathon, 
since the Clearwater Distance Classic Marathon on Sunday, January 17th 
was changed to a Half Marathon due to weather conditions.
(see previous posts!)
We set the date for Saturday, January 23rd, six days after the half marathon.
We met at the starting line at Coachman Park at 5:30 am.
The weather conditions were similar to the previous Sunday,
 in that we had high winds and 
even periodic rain showers for the first two hours.
Here is the course we ran.

 Twelve dedicated sole sisters began the journey!
WIND! 
We weren't that interested in time, we just wanted to cross the finish line.
We stopped for a photo op at Indian Rocks Beach.
The surf was really up!!
Team members and/or spouses set up eight water stops along the 26.2 mile route.
We couldn't have done it without those water stops!!
 Seminole Park
LF was my running partner for most of the course.
Just before the water stop at Seminole Park her husband 
cut in front of us and we stopped for a Kodak moment with her grand kids.
Here is the FAB 50 sponsored sign on the Pinellas Trail.
What an experience!
I won't say I'll "never" run another marathon, 
but it is highly unlikely.
At least I feel like I've earned the medal 
they handed to me on January 17th!

Check out my running group!
http://fab50womenontherun.com/

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Well done! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, way to go, Barb!!! Great job!! What an accomplishment!!!

    Love you always, Sherry☺

    ReplyDelete