Sunday, September 18, 2016

Goodwin Lake Trail

One last hike before leaving Colorado!
 We saw snow on our way up the trail.
 Three hours later this was our reward . . . . 

We had lunch by the lake.
This was part of the fascinating scenery.
The trek down took 2 1/2 hours, but it was filled with adventure.
When we crossed back over the creek my left foot was submerged in the water.
I sat down and dumped the water out of my hiking boots and 
squeezed as much water out of my sock as I could.
I had rolled up my hiking pants, so luckily they didn't get wet.
 
On down the trail I tripped and did a head first slide down the mountain.
I was safe, but now proudly bear these scars.
I actually fell one other time before we got back to the trail head, 
but suffered no further injuries.
Despite the finish to the hike I would go on this trail again.
 
Happy Hiking!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment