Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I AM AN IRON GIRL!!

Last year I was registered to run the half marathon for the Iron Girl event.
However, I was injured and could only walk the 5K.
I was determined to run the half marathon this year.
 
I trained well with no injuries.
 For the longer training runs I joined 
the Sunshine Soul Sisters (SSS) in Belleair.
It sure helped to have running buddies and
water stops for those long runs!
 Ten Mile Run
 Eleven Mile Run
 As race day drew near I was so excited
about the weather report for race day - 
starting temp: low to mid 50s.

I am a member of two running groups and
they both had a presence at the race 
(3rd & 4th place teams).

We started before sunrise!


Since the weather was so great
I decided to keep up with the 2hr 30 min pacer.
 I finished in front of the pace setter at 
2 hours 28 minutes!!
 This may be my last half marathon.
I am thrilled to have achieved a PR!
I am not saying 'never',
but I believe I would like to end 
my half marathon career on that positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment