Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SPROUTING

I'm using one of my Christmas gifts (seeds)
and learning about sprouting.
You need to start with the right kind of seeds, preferably grown organic,
non-GMO, for human consumption rather than for sowing.
My first trial I used a Mason jar,
but I did not like how that worked out.
There wasn't a lot of surface area or I used too many seeds for the jar. 
I did a little more research and decided to try a "sprout garden" kit. 

I put a few seeds in the container and rinsed with water.
The top container has drainage holes, so the water drains into the bottom container.
The kit enables you to stack three high.
Here's what you see in a few days.
After a few more days of rinsing/draining you can eat your sprouts.
So far I have only enjoyed them in my salads.




2 comments:

  1. Yum! Alfalfa, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have tried a bean salad sprouting mix (adzuki bean, lentil, mung bean & radish seeds) and a 3 part salad sprouting mix (alfalfa, radish & broccoli). I have 8 other types of seeds to try!

      Delete