Friday, April 15, 2016

IRON GIRL!

I completed the Iron Girl event on Sunday, April 10th.
The name is a little misleading.  
It is a women's only half marathon and 5K event.
I had registered for the Iron Girl half marathon in January 
while I was still excited about my accomplishments 
of completing a half marathon 
and full marathon in the same week. 
It was a beautiful day for packet pickup!
We even wandered around the food trucks and Pierce Street Market 
which were adjacent to the packet pick up area.

On race day we arrived early!!

Due to injury I was only able to walk the 5K event.
Fortunate for me one of the other gals also had to walk 
because she was recovering from surgery.
It is definitely more fun together!

Those in the group that did the 5K cheered on the half marathoners 
as they crossed the finish line.

 I was disappointed that I could only walk the 5K,
but I had a great time hangin' out with the FAB 50 sole sisters 
on such a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment