Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Carryin' on the SLICING Tradition!

This time of year we think about the traditions that we have to celebrate the holidays.  I chanced to carry on one of the little known & less desirable traditions of slicing digits. 

As I was slicing my apple to put in my oatmeal for breakfast yesterday morning, my thumb got in the way.  Pesky digit!!  Well, after almost blacking out & resting for a few minutes the bleeding stopped.  Needless to say I didn't feel like eating breakfast for awhile. 

The tradition comes about from Kyle slicing the tip of his thumb off with an exacto knife a few years ago on the day after Thanksgiving.  That necessitated a trip to the emergency room where I promptly sat in a chair while Jim accompanied Kyle to the examination room. 

Mom carried on the tradition by slicing her index finger with a rotary cutter.  Luckily my sister, Dennise, was in the house so that Dad did not have to deal with the bleeding digit.  Neither one of us do blood!

Here is my thumb today!




On a happier note - there are presents under the Christmas tree!  It looks like we will probably have a white Christmas.  There is still snow on the ground with a chance for more.  The temperatures are going to remain in the 20s!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I think we need to start a better tradition.
    Slicing a digit and seeing blood isn't any fun.
    What tradition should we start?

    ReplyDelete